POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d math - line intersecting a plane : Re: 3d math - line intersecting a plane Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d math - line intersecting a plane
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 May 2002 15:37:13
Message: <3CDD71D2.497C5A52@hotmail.com>
Ben Chambers wrote:

> I know I can solve this one, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any
> quick / easy methods that might not be intuitive to me.

Here is an extract from one of many such intersection macros I once made:

#declare pIsect = pLine + vLine*vdot(pPlane - pLine, vPlane)/vdot(vLine, vPlane);

pLine is any point on the line
vLine is any vector parallel to the line

pPlane is any point on the plane
vPlane is any vector that is normal to the plane

Tor Olav